Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Smart Inclusion

So I was looking around for some tools to put in my belt so that when we get this party started I will have ideas on how to ensure that my students are able to participate in general education classes.  It's going to be change for all involved (and probably one that will move too slow for me at times).  Then I came across the Smart Inclusion Wiki and got to thinking that this looks like a great starting point.

Smart inclusion integrates the Smartboard with what has traditionally been though of as "special needs software" and is set in a framework of (1) Universal Design for Learning (UDL), (2) Differentiated Instruction (DI), (3) Aided Language Stimulation and (4) Participation Model.

As I dig deeper I get more and more excited because this has such great potential.  The recommended "special needs software includes Classroom Suite 4 (with Intellitools as needed), Boardmaker Plus, Clicker 5, Inspiration or Kidspiration (dependent on age of students), Kurzweil and Word Q/Speak Q.

I'm loving the idea as using this stuff ensures that the Smartboard is used as interactive tool for all rather than a high-tech chalkboard/overhead.  I'm looking forward to digging in to this a bit more. 

Here is a link to the diigo list that I started on the topic: http://www.diigo.com/list/monicabraat/smart-inclusion-resources

No comments:

Post a Comment