Friday, December 31, 2010

Seriously... How do you expect me to learn when there is no Wi-Fi?

I stumbled upon this video the other day and it made me think of a conference that I attended with a handful of other educators last month.  We trudged in with our iPads, notebooks, phones and throughout the conference we used these to write notes, look things up online, send out information we were getting at the conference to people we thought would be interested...etc.  Our gadget activity was all (mostly) linked to what the conference was about.  I have to say that its the first time I was this active with my "gadget" during a conference (as in the past I used it only to take notes) and it was also the engaged I have ever felt in a conference.  It worked for me as a learner and I'm sure it would work for a lot of other learners too.  Really speaks to the need to consider teaching students educational and responsible use of these devises rather than banning them.

No comments:

Post a Comment