Friday, December 31, 2010

My New Year's Resolution: Today I'm Going to try to Change the World

In the last hours of this year I'm feeling I should have a lot to say in regards to beginnings and endings.  This has been my most difficult (but also most reflective) year on the professional front.  I'm excited because all the tears and frustrations have brought me to a point where I better understand what I believe and what I want for both my son and  my students.  This is both good and bad.  In the end I believe all I can do is wake up each morning and always keep what is right for my students in the forefront.  So here is my resolution without a lot of words...



From the lyrics of this song...
I'm going say hello to my neighbor. Greet him with a smile.
Shake the hand of a stranger.  Sit and talk for a while.
Tell someone I love them from the bottom of my heart.
Know there's a right and wrong.  I wlil never turn my back on those of us who need someone.
I'm going to try to see myself through another's eyes.
Today I'm gong to try to change the world.  Not for me but for those I'll leave behind.
I've made my resolution.  Change it one day at a time.
Today I'm going to to try to change the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment