Exploring and reflecting on meaningful pathways to inclusive and personalized learning and living for students with complex developmental needs because education should prepare all students for a lifetime of inclusion, connection, growth and learning.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday Five: Five Things I Learned This Week

  1. I learned that when you try something new and attend and online symposium you can find a lot of people who are as excited about education and its potential as you are.
  2. I learned that transparency truly is empowering - after being told this at the keynote session of last weekends conference I decided it was time to start talking to others at my school about my dreams of inclusion for my students.  One of them responded by throwing out a great idea that might end up getting me one step closer to my dream in the long run.  Its a plan of action that I would not have come up with on my own.  Now I need to let it take root for a few days ;).
  3. I learned that when you attend a workshop (this one in person) that is not that good you can still get something out of it becuase it makes you think about what you believe instead of what was presented.  I went to a "Supporting Positive Behaviours" workshop yesterday and wasn't overly impressed.  It did help me to better define how strongly I believe in intrinsic motivation.
  4. I discovered that sometimes its okay not to get too caught up in gaining clarity in the middle of a change process beause part of the change process is to find that clarity colaboratively.
  5. I learned that there is still so much left for me to learn and do as a teacher.  As frustrated as I get sometimes I am so blessed to have a job that challenges and ignites me every single day.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Scroll To Top