Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday Five: Five Quotes The Guide Me

Each Friday I'm going to try to make a different list of five that will generally be realated to my learning on this journey.  Feel free to join in by doing the same list of five on your own blog.  If you do, I would love a link so I can go and read yours.

My first list is a simple one - its five simple quotes that are ingrained in my mind because they speak so deeply to what I believe in.  My apologies for not crediting these to the people who own them as they are just little things that have stuck in my mind without names attached.  Here they are...
  1. It's a matter of will, not skill.
  2. Doing right is more important than being right.
  3. Be the change you want to see in the world.
  4. A crisis is a terrible thing to waste. 
  5. Learning is not doing - its reflecting on doing.

3 comments:

  1. Love them.
    Each year I glue some guiding quotes on the cover of my work diary and at the bottom of my email signature.
    I think I might have just found them.
    Thanks.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love quotes. I always have a million running through my head and can draw them up when inspired by something. Its funny because for everything else I have the WORST MEMORY in the world... perhaps because some of the stuff I have to remember does nothing to touch my heart.

    Did you have any luck with changing your blog? I was there yesterday and saw that it was the same. Did you decide not to or were my directions too horrible? I can try to explain agian if you want :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Monica,
    Apologies for taking a while to get back to you.
    have been on Holiday in Melbourne for the week.
    Yes and No : - )
    I did what you said and it worked beautifully but the tabs were not very clear in the template that I am using.
    I had a fiddle around to find another template that might work better but they all looked a bit too 'busy ' . I decided that I truly wasn't relaxed enough yet ( have just started Summer vacation here) to make a decision -AKA procrastination : - )
    Might have another go at it this week .

    ReplyDelete