Exploring and reflecting on meaningful pathways to inclusive and personalized learning and living for students with complex developmental needs because education should prepare all students for a lifetime of inclusion, connection, growth and learning.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

2010-11 Daily Schedule

So things are starting to fall in to place and I'm excited about what next is going to look like.  I have pulled ideas form a variety of sources and have also ordered Unique Learning System transition band as a place to get ideas from for next year.  I will not use the system exactly as is but am already seeing a load of ideas that I can incorporate in to our room :).

Here is an outline so far of where I'm going with the Daily Schedule:

8:20-8:45 - Morning Jobs
This will be completed by my two students who come earlier than the rest of the class.  They will have a checklist of the things that need to get done to get the classroom ready.  I'm drawing some ideas for this from the Unique Learning System Transition Band Core Activities Materials.
8:45-9:15 - Morning Meeting
Sounds like I'm getting a Smart Board so that will make this so much easier to do as a group :).  I'm very excited.  My plan is to do the regular morning meeting routine as well as to tie in current events through the news-2-you program.  I have ordered the news-2-you program again for next year.
9:15-10:00 - Individual Programming (Session 1)
I will work directly with a student during this time which will mean that every student is working 1-on-1 for this stretch of time :).  I will continue to use individual programming binders. One of the big differences this year is that I'm moving away from a rotation schedule and a majority of my students will work with the same learning assistant every day.  I'm hoping that this will put them in a place where they get more solid learning in.
10:00-10:15 - Morning Snack
Some of my staff members go on morning break during this time (not all get morning breaks as some just start late instead).  I'm thinking about doing a snack and drink basket where students can buy their snacks and drinks for this time.  This is another idea from Unique Transition band.
10:15-10:30 - Fitness
The younger students will go out for recess with the elementary students at this time.  The older students will have the gym for this stretch of time.  Each students will have one-on-one support so will be working on individual tasks at this time.  We will also be doing changes for the students who need it at this time :).
10:30-11:30 - Individual Programming (Session 2)
Same as above. Many of the students are involved in different lunch programs so time do this would be included here.  We will have weekly jobs to make and sell our hot lunch one day a week as well as a group of students who make their own lunch every day.  Those working on lunch would just start at the appropriate time as it is part of their individual program.
11:30-12:00 - Lunch
Some of my staff is on their lunch break at this time.  Others are helping students with lunch, clean-up and tooth brushing.  Once a student is done, they get to choose their leisure activity that they will do for their next stretch of time.
12:00-12:30 - Recreation/Leisure Time
Student choice time. Note that our younger ones are outside for recess with the other elementary students in the school.  I will have a different group of staff on lunch break at this time :).
12:30-1:00 - Religion Class
Again, another group of staff on lunch break. We will do a quick religion activity during this time. Activities will include explorations, videos, music, games, arts and crafts, stories...etc.
1:00-2:15 - Theme Work
I posted about themes a couple of posts back.  I'm using the idea of Star Reporter in that we will be working on producing a newsletter once a month.  I am still working on how to make this all work but I'm excited about this part of our program!
2:15-2:25 - End of Day Routines
Filling out communication books, cleaning up, packing up...etc.  We are full staffed until 2:25 so have to get everything but coats on before then.  I am thinking about making each person responsible for cleaning up/tidying one area of the room.  I know that for some the staff will end up doing a lot of it but it would keep things neat (I hope).
2:25-2:45 - Dressing and Busses/Pick-ups
Pick-ups start about 2:25 so we will just get students ready in the order that they get picked up.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Scroll To Top