Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday's Motivation: In My Language

I was originally going to put up the 20/20 clip of Carly but then went back to the a video that I saw some time ago.  The message that we understsand in "our language" comes part way in to the video.  I was touched beyond the mere definition of communication when watching this.  I was touched by how she talked of "personhood" and gave a voice that the general population can understand to what many with disabilities probably feel.  She also challenged me to think about how narrowly I define my world.


But this is just the beginning!  This lady, named Amanda Baggs, has taken on the roll of self-advocate and has a blog where she has posted and continues to post a lot of thought provoking material.  Here is the link to her blog: Ballastexistenz
 

No comments:

Post a Comment