Exploring and reflecting on meaningful pathways to inclusive and personalized learning and living for students with complex developmental needs because education should prepare all students for a lifetime of inclusion, connection, growth and learning.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Transition Portfolios

Transition A majority of the students in my classroom will be exciting the programming in the next 3-4 years.  Given this fact, it is time to start to focus on creating transition portfolios for them so we have a good idea of where they will be exiting too as well as what interests they would like to continue to foster beyond their school years.  With that in mind, I'm going to start working on putting together an outline for transition portfolios this summer.  

We will then use the next years to work on these.  Its going to be a major task for me but one I'm really excited about.  One of the things that I will use this blog for is to record progress and things that I'm learning along the way.

I am also trying to tie this transition portfolio concept in to our current division focus of "assessment for learning".  One of the things that the division has focused on is "I can" statements which will work in great to this type of portfolio.  There will be much work in getting the two to work together but I'm looking forward to the challenge. 

Right now I have just recieved a few books from Inclusion Press related to PATHS and MAPS strategies and have also ordered a book on transition portfolios from Perkins School for the Blind.  Hopefully these resources will give me a good starting place.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Scroll To Top